AOL inc. has made it simple for everyone by launching one of its most excellent products over time. These products allow users to access their email with various features to browse the internet with inherent security features. AOL Desktop Gold came with automatic updates to save time and to offer fast as well as breathtaking service to its users. Download, install or uninstall AOL Desktop Gold with the help of experts.
AOL Desktop gold has a number of features that are user-friendly and easy to execute. Such as the moment you save your contacts in the address book, you can export as well as import your personal data. You can also perform two-step verification, customized fonts, and text options; can have important wizards and updated web browsers, and many more.
Full of all these amazing features and functionalities, don’t you want to download and install this AOL Desktop Gold application. Simply follow the below-mentioned steps to know how to download and install or uninstall this software. Before that, you should check to see whether your computer meets the system requirements or not.
System Requirements For AOL Desktop Gold
You will need more than 512 MB of free space on your hard drive to run or download the latest version of AOL desktop gold on your computer.
Further system requirements:
- At least 1 GB RAM
- Proper and secure internet connection
- A version of internet explorer must be 7+
- The computer processor should be 266 MHz or faster than this.
- 1024 x 768 or higher screen resolution wanted to download AOL Desktop gold
For AOL Advantage Plan members
AOL Desktop Gold is incorporated at no additional cost with your membership.
- Simply log in to your MyBenefits page
- In the All products scroll down to AOL desktop gold and then click on download now.
- Follow the on-screen installation steps to install it.
- Log in to MY account page
- Tap on my services/ subscriptions
- Under the AOL desktop gold tap on getting started
By using the link in the Official AOL signup confirmation emails that you received:
- In the search box of your mail account, enter Get Started with AOL Desktop Gold.
- Click on the searched mail to open it.
- Tap on the link which says download desktop gold or update now.
- Simply click save to download it to your computer.
To install this software, you need to follow the installation steps listed below.
- To install AOL Desktop Gold, you first need to download it on your computer.
- Open the downloads folder and double click on the AOL Desktop Gold file that you have downloaded.
- Install AOL desktop, by double-clicking on its desktop icon.
- Tap on the run and then click install now.
- The installation process will run and after some time it will install in your system.
How to Add, Edit, and Delete Contact Groups in AOL Desktop Gold Mail?
AOL Desktop Gold is profligate software for AOL users. For the convenience of the users, AOL provides AOL email, music, videos, and other amazing things are there. Aside from various astonishing features, one Address Book feature of this software lets the users keep track of phone numbers, email addresses, and many other things. Even you can sort out all these things easily and when you want to. Here we will discuss contact groups in AOL desktop gold mail.
Save some time while sending the same email to multiple people by creating a contact group in AOL desktop gold mail. By typing the name of the group in the “to” field of a new email, you can email a bunch of contacts in place of adding each email address separately. Once you have created a group, then you can easily continue managing your contacts from it.
Add, Edit, And Delete Contact Groups In AOL Desktop Gold Mail
As per your preference, you can easily add, edit and delete contact groups in AOL Desktop gold mail. If you are not aware of the procedure to do that in the right way then you have to read this blog till the end. It is not as difficult as it seems to you. Have a look at the steps to add, delete or edit contacts in your AOL Desktop Gold mail address book.
Follow The Steps To Add A Group In AOL Gold
- Open AOL Desktop Gold and from the top menu bar click on the mail
- Go to address book and in the left column below you see categories
- From this category click on groups
- Tap on group options and choose add group
- Write down all the information that you want to enter for your group
- When all is done, click on save to successfully create a group
Look At The Steps To Edit A Group
- Launch AOL Desktop Gold and again from the top menu bar, go to Mail
- Choose Address Book from the mail
- In the left column, you see the name of your existing group
- Click on the name of the group that you want to edit
- Tap on the Group Options and choose edit Group.
- In the available fields, make changes which you desire.
- At last click on save to save editing.
Learn How To Delete A Group In AOL Desktop Gold
- After launching AOL Desktop Gold, click on the mail from the top menu bar
- From the top menu bar go for Address Book
- In the left column, you will see your existing groups. Simply tap on the name of the group that you want to delete.
- Tap on the group options and from the list of options select Delete Group.
- When prompted click on yes to confirm.
That’s how you can easily add, edit or delete contacts groups on AOL Desktop Gold. If you are unable to perform such actions or find difficulty while following the above steps, then Download AOL Desktop Gold once again on your PC and install it properly. Enter your email ID and password and see if you can make changes in your groups.
AOL Desktop Gold Problems
No doubt, AOL Desktop Gold is remarkable software. On the other hand, this software faces too many difficulties. Here you will know some common AOL Desktop Gold Problems and get their solution as well. Some of the errors are Login issue, Unable to download AOL Desktop Gold, AOL Desktop Gold is not working, Unable to update AOL Desktop Gold, etc. So let’s go to the solution to such problems. For technical assistance, contact AOL customer support.
Steps To Troubleshoot Problems In AOL Desktop Gold
Perform these steps to troubleshoot the issues in AOL Desktop Gold.
Unable To Download The AOL Desktop Gold
If you are facing a problem while downloading AOL Desktop Gold on the device, then perform the given steps.
- Scan your computer with an antivirus to exterminate all the viruses and
- Eradicate all the cache, cookies, and temporary internet files from your device.
- Examine the system requirement first then install the software.
AOL Login Issue
If the login screen of AOL goes disappeared then in that case you should perform the following solution steps.
- Remove all the browser’s cache and cookies data.
- You can access any other web browser to do the login.
- Ensure that your web browser is updated with the latest version.
AOL Desktop Gold Is Not Working
Even after hitting the AOL Desktop Gold, the home page of the software does not appear then you can resolve it by the following steps.
- Ensure that your PC is updated so all the important update is installed on your system.
- Java Scripting and active Scripting should not be blocked.
- Try to disable ‘Adds on’ of your web browser.
Icon Of AOL Desktop Gold Goes Missing
If the icon of AOL Desktop Gold on your system goes missing or you are unable to find it, then these given steps will help you in fixing the issue.
- From the bottom right corner, click on the“open system tray” option.
- Now locate the icon of AOL Desktop Gold.
- If you are able to find the icon then you have to make its shortcut by right-clicking on it.
Unable To Update The AOL Desktop Gold
There are times when people go through a problem while upgrading their desktop software if you are also one of them, then perform these steps.
- Turn on the automatic update feature of your device.
- Confirm to validate that the other software is not blocking your path of upgrading the software.
- If the firewall is disabled too so it cannot affect the updates.
AOL Desktop Gold Is Running Very Slow
If your AOL Desktop Gold is running very slow then you have to perform these steps to make it work fast.
- Try to restart your system if you haven’t done it recently.
- Enable only the essential application during turning on your system.
- Execute antivirus to remove malicious viruses.
So these are some of the AOL Gold Problems that you may encounter while operating it. For any sort of technical assistance, contact AOL customer support.
AOL Desktop Gold Automatic Update Not Working | Fix it
AOL Desktop Gold has gained more popularity among the users, after it is being updated from AOL to AOL Desktop Gold. Even this software gives you the possibility to access millions of things at once place, still it faces some technical errors too. You must be aware that this software has in-built automatic update feature. By which you didn’t need to worry about the regular updates as AOL deals with them automatically. But if AOL Desktop Gold Automatic Update Not Working then it might be a real problem for you. So, learn from here how you can fix AOL Desktop Gold automatic update not working issue at the comfort of your home.
Get Rid Of The AOL Desktop Gold Automatic Update Not Working Issue
All AOL users need to know that automatic update is a blessing that allows you to take the benefits of AOL gold without any interruptions.
However, if somehow your AOL Desktop gold is not updating automatically check out the below-mentioned troubleshooting steps to turn of the self-update feature.
- Now, click on the windows start button, and in the search field type update.
- From the update pop-up list select windows update.
- Tap on the change settings then clicks on important update.
- Click on the box to enable the automatic updates.
- In the recommended updates section, choose to give me recommended updates the same way I get an important update box.
- At last, tap on the Save button to apply the changes.
Now, you have successfully enabled the automatic update feature in your AOL Desktop Gold. By doing so, if you are not able to troubleshoot AOL automatic update issue, then you can also follow one more solution.
Other Troubleshooting Steps To Get Rid Of AOL Automatic Update Issue:
- In the search field of windows, type check for updates and then hit enter.
- From the left pane of the opened window, click on the change settings.
- Under the important updates section, from the drop-down box select install updates automatically
- Move towards the who can install updates section and check to allow all users to install updates on this computer box.
- At last, to save the applied changes tap on the ok button
However, if the problem still continues, then try AOL Desktop Gold Download and install once again. To eliminate AOL Gold update errors, try disabling security software like windows defender and firewall one-by-one temporarily. When the culprit is found then replace this software to let AOL Desktop Gold automatic updates function properly.